Semplus corp. is looking for a senior optics engineer to support the development, construction and quality assessment of the Semplus pressure sensitive touch module. The individual will be responsible to optimize the optical properties of the materials involved in the touch layer and their geometry in order to maximize signal transduction, obtained through optical simulations and experiments with prototypes.
He/She will also actively support and collaborate with the electronic design team and the touch algorithm design team to analyze and debug the performances of the touch module.
- Development of optical and mechanical models of the touch sensor and simulation.
- Develop tools for simulation of optical, geometrical.
- Analyze data from real prototypes against the identified optical model, understand the results and debug, propose new solutions and adjust the model.
- Design of optical lenses to maximize the SNR of optical sensor.
- Involvement in test and verification of optical system.
- Make presentation internally and writing reports.
- Collaborate with other team members.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in optics, preferred in fiber optics design, lens design and simulation.
- M.Sc. in Applied physics (optics), numerical mathematics or material science.
- Strong expertise in physic modeling of optical systems and numerical mathematic, preferred background.
- of ray-tracers simulators, and mechanical simulation with finite element/finite difference is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in Comsol.
- Strong knowledge in data analysis tool like Python, Matlab and programming language like C/C++.
- Knowledge of optical properties of materials, optical coatings and lens design.
- CAD tools for rapid prototyping.
- It’s a plus: simulation tools for the evaluation of mechanical stress/shear in the touch layer during operation.